THE 2nd ANNUAL NORTH STAR ACADEMY LIFESPAN CONFERENCE WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, APRIL 15-16TH, 2016
" A Jump Start for Success:
Contemporary Approaches to Supporting Children with Autism"
FRIDAY, APRIL 15 (9AM- 3:00PM) AND SATURDAY, APRIL 16TH (10AM- 4PM) AT NORTH STAR ACADEMY 7725 W.87th STREET, OVERLAND PARK, KANSAS, 66212
This is a two-day event with guest speakers & lunch. The Friday conference schedule is ideal for professionals (e.g., behavior analysts, speech therapists, teachers) who work with children with intellectual or developmental disabilities. Our Saturday program will be ideal for families and guardians who care for children with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
BACB CEUs are available on Friday April 15
Up to 5 Type 2 CEUs (including 1 Ethics CE) are available
This course has been approved for 1.0 ASHA CEUs, Professional area, Introductory level
To register, please fill out the following form and click "Submit". To finalize your registration, select the conference session you would like to attend from the drop-down menu and make a payment using the blue button under this form.
Thank you to our sponsors! Please, visit them by clicking on the corresponding logo below:
Click on this link or on the button below to become a conference sponsor
CONFERENCE PROGRAM AND SPEAKERS
- 8:30- 9:00 Registration
- 9:00- 10:00 Keenan Stump, MS, Speech, language, Hearing - "We all speak the same language. Multidisciplinary approach to promoting communication"
- 10:00 - 11:00 Florence DiGennaro Reed, PhD, BCBA-D -
- 11:00 - 12:00 Mallory Drake, OTD, OTR/L - "Sensory Supports – Sensory Processing Approach vs. Sensory Integration"
- 12:00 - 12:30 Complimentary lunch (with CLO video presentation)
- 12:30 - 1:00 Researchers - "Lightning round session"
- 1:00 - 2:00 Claudia Dozier, PhD, BCBA-D - "Assessment and Treatment of Severe Problem Behavior"
- 2:00 - 3:00 Jan Sheldon, PhD, JD - "Legal and Ethical Issues in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- 10:00 - 11:00 Sarah Mead, EdM, BCBA, LBA-MO - "Introduction to North Star Academy: Components of a Private School Program Serving Students with Autism and Severe Problem Behavior"
- 11:00 - 12:00 Scott Adams, CFP®, ChFC, ChSNP - "Life Planning for Your Family with Autism"
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 1:00 - 2:00Stephanie West - "Student Rights and Transition Planning"
- 2:00 - 3:00Pamela Neidert, Ph.D, BCBA/Claudia Dozier, Ph.D, BCBA-D - "Treatment of feeding problems"
- 3:00 - 4;00Jennifer Smith - "Stop, Look, and Listen: Setting a Plan With Your Loved One with Autism"
- 4:00 - "The rents comedy show"
READ DETAILED CONFERENCE SCHEDULE WITH ABSTRACTS HERE
LOCATION: NORTH STAR ACADEMY, W 87TH STREET, OVERLAND PARK, KANSAS