KU Students and Faculty Conference Registration
THE SECOND ANNUAL NORTH STAR ACADEMY LIFESPAN CONFERENCE WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY-SATURDAY, APRIL 15-16TH, 2016
NORTH STAR ACADEMY LIFESPAN CONFERENCE:
CLINICAL TOPICS FOR FAMILIES OF CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, APRIL 15-16TH, 2016
Please, bring your KU ID for free admission to the conference.
This is an all day event with guest speakers & free lunch.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM AND SPEAKERS
- 8:30 - Registration
- 9:00 - Keenan Stump, MS, Speech, language, Hearing - "We all speak the same language. Multidisciplinary approach to promoting communication"
- 10:00 - Pamela Neidert, Ph.D, BCBA/ Claudia Dozier, Ph.D, BCBA-D - "Assessment and treatment of problem behaviors"
- 11:00 - Jan Sheldon, Ph.D, JD - "Ethics"
- 12:00 - Complimentary lunch
- 12:30 - Researchers - "Lightning round session"
- 1:30 - TBA
- 2:30 - TBA Occupational therapy (To be arranged by Sarah Mead): "Sensory integration of processing differences in similarities"
- 3:30 - Undergrads - "Poster session/happy hour"
- 10:00 - Sarah Mead, EdM, BCBA, LBA-MO - "Intro to NSA"
- 11:00 - Scott Adams, CFP®, ChFC - "Special Needs Planning"
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 1:00 - DRC - "IDEA/IEP"
- 2:00 - Pamela Neidert, Ph.D, BCBA/Claudia Dozier, Ph.D, BCBA-D - "Treatment of feeding problems"
- 3:00 - TBA - "Waivers/Funding"
- 4:00 - "The rents comedy show"
READ DETAILED CONFERENCE SCHEDULE WITH ABSTRACTS HERE
SORRY - THE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! PLEASE, CONSIDER ATTENDING OUR CONFERENCE IN 2016!
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED, PLEASE BRING YOUR KU ID FOR FREE ADMISSION AT THE CONFERENCE
LOCATION: NORTH STAR ACADEMY, 87TH STREET, OVERLAND PARK, KANSAS